Saturday, July 29, 2017

Caring for the Skin: Mary Jardin Skincare II

Hi everyone! 

So I am back again today with more reviews for Mary Jardin's products. Last week, I've talked (or written if you prefer) about the MJ Facial Soap and what I feel about it. Today, I'm just gonna go ahead and pick up where I've left off, takyah mukadimah bebel panjang-panjang. Haha. 

So the next item I'm going to talk about is... 

Number Two: Mary Jardin Clay Mask


I am absolutely hype up over this clay mask! So this is how the packaging looks like. It comes in a little glass jar macam bekas sos Prego tu. And the contents are in powder form. The powder is black macam charcoal gitu and it also has bits and pieces of oats. Boleh nampak la the different texture of the powder and oats. So, this mask is made of  bentonite clay, activated charcoal, papaya extract, lavender buds, etc. This information is available online if you google them and since I tau uols malas nak search kan, I've attached the photos below. These ingredients were also printed on the back of the jar! Again, loving the classic, english garden kinda packaging. Rasa exclusive bila guna. Hiks. 



How to use?

Okay, since it's in powder form kan, so kena lah bancuh dengan air. You can also mix it with milk, rose water and I've read somewhere that it's mixable with honey too. But I wouldn't recommend mixing it with honey because melekit! Haha. And also DO NOT mix it with anything that has an oil base. Nanti melekat hitam-hitam serupa orang minyak uols. Trust me, I've learnt it the hard way. Huhu.

So, on the back of the little jar, ada instructions on how to use this clay mask. First of all, take a teaspoon of MJ Clay Mask and put it into a bowl. I bought a mask bowl from Miniso (Daiso-like store) and it came with a little set of measuring spoons (photo below). So I just use that for this mask.

Picture creds to Google. My mask bowl is something like this but ofcs, I got it in pink. But I didn't the brush so I had to use a flat foundation brush. Price: RM10
Secondly, mix it with liquid of your choice including yoghurt, honey, milk, rose water, herbal infusion or plain water. I've mentioned some of these above. And I normally would just use plain water. Kalau ada susu, I guna susu sometimes. Kemudian, kacaulah sehingga sebati. Boleh feeling-feeling buat kuih gitu. Haha.

Alright, next! Apply the mixture to cleansed, damp face. What I would like to do is, lepas dah cuci muka using the MJ Facial Soap ofcs, I'd take a warm small towel and press it on my face. Biar pori-pori lebih terbukak gitu. Haha. But if you have a face steamer, use it. I don't so I had to get creative. Boleh je kalau nak tunduk menghadap semangkuk air panas kan? But lenguh tengkuk lol. So, I guna towel, celup dalam air suam, pressed it on my face for a couple of minutes, takyah lama-lama. On my malas days, I letak je towel tu on my face kejap. Haha. Haa lepas tu baru I apply the mask. I feel like the face steaming helps the mask to be more effective. Bila I "steam" my face, lepas I remove the mask, I feel like kotoran-kotoran tu lagi senang and lagi banyak keluar, compared to not steaming my face. You can ofcs skip this step, it'll work just fine. Still banyak jugak yang keluar. Cuma kalau you buat the extra step, the effect pun jadi extra la! Ya know what I meaann?

Oh and remember, avoid the areas around your eyes and mouth! Ni peringatan paling basic in caring for the skin, okeh?

So, leave it on for 10-15 minutes and wash it off with warm water. But ofcs Aiza being Aiza, I'd leave it on until it dries and gets itchy because I usually would be watching a movie or something while pampering myself, so malas la nak bangun cuci. Haha. Don't be like me k gais!

Anyway, this is another extra step of mine. So I have like super stubborn blackheads and whiteheads on my nose and chin. Ofcs, I need to do all these extra steps to really get all the dirts out. Jadinya, lepas dah cuci muka buang all the blackness of the mask, I akan pakai the pore strip or a peel off mask. Alternatively. I've read somewhere - can't remember where - that pore strips are bad for your skin. But I love using it lol. So, do you.

Okay, that's how to correctly use it and how I use it. Haha. 

Scents?

Haa.. Yang ni bau dia lain sikit. Still ada hints of lavender but the clay scent tu lagi overpowering. It has that earthy smell to it. Bau macam tanah lumpur camtu. So if you don't like scents yang macam tu, avoid mixing it with milk. Sebab nanti lagi unbearable bau dia. Haha. For me, I don't really mind. Bau dia pun sekejap je, masa apply je. After that, it's gone. 

Does it work?

Yes, yes, YES. Absolutely yes! I am so in love with this clay mask, words can't even describe it. Like I said, I don't have major problems pun with my skin. But I do have a lot blackheads and whiteheads on my nose and my chin. And it's really annoying. Degil pulak tu, taknak keluar even if I use the pore strip. I've tried a lot of things to get rid of them. Pergi facial pun, they can't clear everything out. Fuhh stress betul sis. 

But but but... Since Mary Jardin came into my life, kurang dah sikit stress tu. Hihi. This clay mask works like wonders. Masa apply tu rasa sejuk-sejuk je. Best gilaaa babs. And the reason why I'm so in love with it, lepas pakai tu, blackheads and whiteheads keluar dengan jayanya. Takde degil-degil dah. Omaigoddd. Seronok betul rasa. 


So this is my skin now. Yes, still ada lagi all the nastyheads. Sebab I malas pakai mask tu selalu. It's recommended to use them every week. Disebabkan seketul Aiza pemalas, I only use them like once a month. So kuranglah nampak hasilnya. Huhu. Probably if you use them as per recommendation, lagi kebabom la kot effect dia? Haha. So, nak cantik don't be pemalas like me! 

So yes, I would definitely recommend this! I love it so much!! Haa memang puas betul tengok semua blackheads whiteheads habis keluar. Kalau tak, satu dua je yang melekat. Blackheads degil pun boleh keluar, apatah lagi yang tak berapa degil kan?

What I hate?

There's nothing much to hate actually. I just don't like the fact that it's powdery and I have to mix it myself je. Leceh. Tu je. Tu pun sebab I pemalas je. Haha. Everything else, looove! 

Well, I guess that's it for today's episode of Caring for the Skin! Panjang dah I bebel and you pun penat dah baca kan? Sambung nanti pulak. I will see you next week for the last item in the MJ Basic Set. Please leave me pink hearts in the comment if you love my writing!

Note: I bought everything myself and really used it. This is not a sponsored post!
NoteII: Mary Jardin is launching their first grand outlet and some new products this Sunday, 30th July 2017 at the Star Avenue Mall (near Subang Airport). I'm so excited to get my hands on them! Hewhew.

Until next time, dearie.
Be original, be you.
Love, Jaja.




No comments:

Post a Comment